The Five Clans: Star-Crossed Destinies
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Scarflame's Story

Go down

Scarflame's Story Empty Scarflame's Story

Post by Raven Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:35 pm

Scarflame’s Story

It started with a fire.  It blazed through the night, trapping and killing anyone foolish enough to not run. Little was one of these foolish cats. Only five moons at the time, he was too scared to run. His parents desperately tried to get all their kits out. The ginger tom was thrown out of the way of the flames and his parents went to get his siblings, but then there was a crack. The ginger kit cried out for his family, but to no avail. Everything went black and his siblings and parents were gone. A group of cats the next morning had found the cowering kit and the dead bodies of his group. They had brought him in, and because of his fresh scars and burns all over his tiny body, they called him Scarkit. A moon had passed by after that and the cats of Terraclan had finally accepted him in, and he started his new training as a warrior apprentice.

Scarkit was shaking with excitement. I can train to be a warrior now! His clan had explained why he couldn’t remember his past. Apparently, he got very sick, but now he was well enough to start training. The leader at the time had called the meeting, and was now performing the ceremony. “Scarkit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as Scarpaw. Your mentor will be Cursedfur. I hope Cursedfur will pass down all he knows on to you. Cursedfur, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You had received excellent training from Frozendew, and you have shown yourself to be strong and couragous. You will be the mentor of Scarpaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to him.” The leader mewed as he then dismissed the meeting, leaving Scarpaw and Cursedfur to train. Scarpaw followed Cursedfur to the training area; they would be starting right off with fighting. I can’t wait! I bet after a couple moons I would be able to fight off an entire patrol of cats! Yet, the scarred kit would not know what he would be getting into.

“Up you stupid piece of Foxdung! Fight me!” Cursedfur growled as he had knocked down the tiny scrap of ginger fur for the tenth time. Scarpaw, now seven moons old, got up shakily and lunged at his mentor. He missed and landed face first in the soil. Before his mentor could pin him, he jumped up and landed on the dark tabby’s back. Wrong move. Within seconds he was crushed and pinned down. The sharp rocks below dug into his fur and made him cry out. “You will never be a warrior. You are the weakest tom I have ever seen.” With new scars the apprentice entered camp, head hanging down. He moved to his nest, and closed his eyes. Am I really stupid? Am I really so weak? He thought as he started drifting to sleep. He perked his ears when he heard an apprentice settle down next to him. He opened his eyes to see the cat apprenticed on the same day he was. Shadedpaw. The pretty grey she-cat was staring at him with kind blue eyes. “Are you okay?” He heard her mew and he raised his head to respond. “Yeah. I’m okay. How was training today?” She seemed to happily mew back, “Yeah! Me and my mentor went on a hunting patrol…..”

Five moons passed. Scarpaw walked out of the apprentice den, and he had grown to a full grown warrior’s size, but his mentor still tormented him every day. “Scarpaw!”  A familiar voice called out. He turned, fur hot, “hi Shadedpaw.” “My mentor told me to get you! Our mentors are taking us out to test to see if we can become warriors!” She mewed, “Come on!” Scarpaw smiled back at her, and followed her. First task, fighting.

Scarpaw looked at his mentor with a sharp glare that was fueled by fear. Then, suddenly the grey tabby lunged at him, and Scarflame sharply dodged, feeling his mentor’s whiskers brush his face. He then carefully watched the tomcat, taking a step to one side, then lunging to the other side. He lunged into the tabby’s side, and his mentor gasp and fall to the ground. He then pushed his paws onto Cursedfur’s chest, pinning him. Then, he felt legs kick up into his belly. He was knocked away, gasping for breath. The cat then smirked as he went to pin Scarpaw. He saw a blur, and Cursedfur was knocked to the side. Rouges. He saw his mentor on the ground. Time slowed as he stared at the gaping hole in the tom’s throat. His mentor. The one who tormented him for six moons. Dead. Scarpaw yowled and leaped onto one of the rouges. The white tom clawed his ear, leaving a permanent mark. Scarflame felt fury build up and take over. Suddenly, the rouges were looking at him in fear and ran off. Shadedpaw looked at him in shock. Scarpaw looked down at the tom, who’s face was frozen in a snarl. He looked to his neck, where the same hole that was on his mentor’s neck was now replicated.

“-And for your bravery with fighting off the rouges, from this day forward, you shall be known as Scarflame.” The brownish-ginger tom stood up tall as he heard the chants of his clanmates. “Scarflame! Shadedcoal! Scarflame! Shadedcoal!” I’m finally accepted, I’m finally a warrior. He thought and looked at Shadedcoal. I think this is the start of a great life.

End.
Raven
Raven

Back to top Go down