Featherclan of the Lush Weald

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Re: Featherclan of the Lush Weald

Post by Doveflight on Tue Mar 18, 2014 5:23 pm

Emberpaw nodded, "Okay, thanks." She knew personally it wouldn't probably take much for Sparrowpaw to convince her, considering how shy she usually was. That and the fact she wouldn't want to dispoint him. "Do you know where Dimhaze wandered off to?"

Doveflight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thestral on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:24 pm

((Sorry, I havent posted yet on here. Been busy with real life and work and such.))

Dimhaze, Flamelight and Sunspots heard Cherrystar call a meeting. They knew Emberkit would be getting her ceremony and wondered who would be her mentor. When Cherrystar announced that Dimhaze would be her mentor, he was happy because he liked the spunky little she-cat and would have some fun training her. Flamelight and Sunspots were a bit surprised when Cherrystar announced that they would each be training either Leopardfury or Meteorwisp's apprentices since they were both expecting kits. They wondered how Leopardfury was doing because she looked so frail nowadays after everything that has happened, but they knew better than to say anything otherwise they would probably get a nice swat from either Cherrystar or Leopardfury herself. After the meeting and ceremonies, each warrior went and touched noses with their apprentices. Sunspots touched noses with Minnowpaw, he was praying to starclan that he would do well to finish her training since she had been Leopardfury's apprentice. Flamelight touched noses with Palmpaw, hoping he would do well with training the former Berryclan apprentice. In a way the brothers felt bad that Cherrystar had one of his apprentices joining them but understood the reason why he was doing it.
Thestral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doveflight on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:36 pm

Emberpaw spotted Dimhaze in the middle of the clearing. She hesitated slightly, wondering if she should approach him or just hang back near Featherpaw. Her tail twitched uneasily as it swished across the ground.

Doveflight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thestral on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:38 pm

"Emberpaw, Minnowpaw and Palmpaw, please come over here." Dimhaze called out, helping his brothers get their apprentices as well so they could get started on their apprentices training as quickly as possible.
Thestral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doveflight on Tue Mar 18, 2014 6:59 pm

(sorry for slower replies, I'm pretty forgetful when not solely roleplaying)

Emberpaw quickly bounded over, not wanting to get into trouble. She pushed down the excitement rising inside of her. She couldn't let it get the better of her, what if she did something stupid like ask a dumb question.

Doveflight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thestral on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:04 pm

((Its alright))

Dimhaze watched his apprentice bound over to him. "Ready to start your training, Emberpaw?" he purred as he watched her, they of course had to wait for the other two apprentices to join them before they could leave for their training.
Thestral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luuvpokemon4 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:04 pm

Smokeypaw smiled before getting to his paws. "Well, looks like they're off to train. Shall we go off to find Gleamingskull?" His blue eyes gleamed, looking forward to the training ahead of them. "I can't wait to see what he has planned!" Already, the dark gray head was scanning the clearing, looking for his mentor.

"Fallowpaw is coming with us, too," Minnowpaw reminded, padding over to Dimhaze and his brothers. The light gray tabby she-cat wondered how her denmate would react to the three toms completely ignoring her call for the apprentices over to her. After all, she had shown she was obviously very pleased in given an important task from Cherrystar.
luuvpokemon4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doveflight on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:17 pm

Emberpaw nodded, letting some of the excitement slip. "What are we doing first? Hunting? Fighting?" She dropped in a hunters crouch, almost perfect but not quite. She swished her tail across the ground excitedly.

(they still have the moon of mates right? And that whole she-cats are less thing? Or did that change?)

Doveflight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thestral on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:32 pm

"Well, since your a newly appointed apprentice. Well have to show you around the territory, the borders and go over the other clan's scents." Dimhaze explained to her. "After that, well go from there." he then purred.
Thestral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KatDoggs on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:34 pm

"Sure..." Palmpaw mumbled out, clearly not pleased with the whole situation. His green eyes glared daggers toward Shiningheart. Young Palmpaw was no longer at the age where he could hide behind Meteorwisp. In all reality he was nearly as big as she was. The kit had started to grow muscles and get some height on him. It seemed as if he would soon tower over the former Berryclan leader. "You take it easy now." Palmpaw said turning his attention back to his former mentor. "I'll be back tonight and I'll bring you something to eat." It was quite adorable how Palmpaw took care of Meteorwisp like a little brother or perhaps a son would. "I'll be back tonight with food." He promised before padding off to Flamelight.

His pale green eyes lazily glanced up toward his new mentor.  So far Palmpaw was unimpressed. Had he been back in Berryclan, there would be no doubt that Palmpaw would get his way and do as he pleased. The young apprentice could get away with murder there. Unfortunately here, Meteorwisp didn't have the pull that she had in Berryclan so Palmpaw was stuck following orders and living in a strange new place. "We should probably hunt cause prey is getting scarce," Palmpaw mewed out in a bored tone. "I'm going to try and bring Meteorwisp a rabbit tonight." It was no secret that the brown striped cat would go out and catch the pretty she cat something to eat at least once a day.
KatDoggs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thestral on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Flamelight looked to his apprentice as he approached. "Dont worry, we will be doing some hunting as well since you and Minnowpaw have more training. Well make sure the clan eats well tonight." he mewed to the young tom. Flamelight knew he wasnt very impressed with having someone else as his mentor now that Meteorwisp wasnt his mentor or leader since they left Berryclan, in truth he felt bad for the apprentice and the former Berryclan leader, but it was the way of things and Palmpaw would just need to adjust and get used to things here in Featherclan since it was now his home but he wouldnt say any of that to his apprentice because last thing he needed was to upset the young cat on the first day as mentor and apprentice.
Thestral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doveflight on Tue Mar 18, 2014 7:52 pm

Emberpaw nodded, "Okay." After a brief pause she asked, "Can you at least show me how to properly do the hunters crouch? That way if we see prey on the way back, we could bring some food back for the clan."

(So, my question?)

Doveflight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thestral on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:02 pm

"Of course, Emberpaw." Dimhaze mewed warmly to the young she-cat.

(Doveflight, Im not sure. I would think so but that would be more of a question for like Mew or someone that would know.)
Thestral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doveflight on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:10 pm

(hm, okay, thanks.)

Emberpaw smiled. "Great!" She crouched down into her best crouch, making sure to keep her tail off the ground. "How does this look?"

Doveflight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thestral on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:28 pm

((Your welcome, sorry I couldnt be of more help))

"That looks pretty good actually, but remember that there are different ways to hunt the different kinds of prey. Can you show me the crouch for a raptor or a thrush?" Dimhaze then purred to her.
Thestral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doveflight on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:40 pm

(Its fine)

Emberpaw froze briefly. She didn't realize there were different types of crouches. No wonder Sparrowpaw's (just throwing a random apprentice out there) crouch looked so odd the other day. "Um..." She thought for a moment, trying to figure out what seemed logical. She awkwardly shuffled her paws before sighing. "I have no idea."

Doveflight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Tue Mar 18, 2014 8:45 pm

"I remember when I first got a tour of the territory. I was bombarding Hazelnut with questions the entire way," Runningpaw purred, then also joined Smokeypaw in attempting to find the mottled warrior. She, too, was bursting with enthusiasm for the day's training session, as she hadn't trained properly in a while. It wasn't that it was Hazelnut's fault, the brindle apprentice didn't blame her at all. But, Runningpaw had gone easy on her in the few training sessions they'd had since her pregnancy announcement.

Though Fallowpaw was a bit put down that the three newly named mentors had completely ignored her presence, the tabby just shrugged it off- she'd probably be too excited at the prospect at training her first apprentice to notice her as well. She eyed Palmpaw as he joined the small group, feeling a spark of annoyance at his slight attitude. She opened her mouth to scold the younger tom, then stopped herself as Emberpaw spoke. She didn't expect Emberpaw to catch anything today- it was her very first time hunting and the season wasn't helping. "Don't forget, the forest is also covered in crisp leaves. You have to step as lightly as possible."

Biscotti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thestral on Tue Mar 18, 2014 9:22 pm

"Its alright, youll learn them soon enough Emberpaw." Dimhaze purred to her. Sunspots then heard Fallowpaw, "That is correct, if were to catch anything today well have to be careful not to make too much noise otherwise well scare all the prey away and then the clan wont have anything. Thanks, Fallowpaw for reminding us." he then purred to her.
Thestral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luuvpokemon4 on Tue Mar 18, 2014 10:13 pm

(( Doveflight, yes, there is still MotM. Although Terraclan didn't attend the last Gathering(s?), so I'm not sure how that worked out. As for she-cats being less, that was never a thing in the first place - as far as I know. ))

"Really?" Smokeypaw asked, twitching an ear. "I let Gleamingskull do all the talking. If you can remember, I barely said any words way back when we were kits and young apprentices." He paused. "That sentence makes us sound really old." White teeth gleamed in a grin, standing out starkly against the near black of his coat. Where is he? I'm sure I saw him earlier!

Hunting? The tabby she-cat's ears pricked as she heard the topic of one of the skills she excelled in. Leopardfury had always been exasperated by her constantly wandering mind when patrolling the borders or even fighting. But Minnowpaw's acute and very observant mind came into use when tracking or hunting. Yes, we'll make sure they eat well tonight! Now she was eager to get going. Hopefully, while Emberpaw was being shown the territory, the three older apprentices could go hunt. After all, they were nearly warriors.
luuvpokemon4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yonk on Wed Mar 19, 2014 5:29 pm

Lightclaw paced. And paced.

And paced.

He had nothing to do, literally. So What did he do to fill the space? Nothing. He just walked around the edge of camp, staring at the ground. He thought. Thought about Leopardfury, Thought about the litter to come, About moon of the mates... fighting Cherrystar and winning.... his claws tore at the leaves beneath his paws as he walked, ears flat to his head. He thought about his own litter of kittens-- with his yellow fur and long legs and her gorgeous eyes and ears, Her firey spirit and his loyalty. It probably would never come true. And that-- that was was hurt the most. That's why every time he passed by, he tore his claws against the bark of a single tree with a hiss. He had to get rid of the anger, or it would consume him.
Yonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torchiclove on Wed Mar 19, 2014 6:50 pm

Out of the corner of her eye, Featherpaw noticed the orange pelt of her mentor, moving just at the edge of her vision. She quickly turned and trotted towards him, glad that she might have something to do now that she had spotted Lightclaw.
She couldn't help but notice the expression on his ace, which she couldn't quite decipher. He seemed troubled, torn by some unknown anger or worry. Though Featherpaw was concerned- for she quite liked the tom- she chose to ignore it, simply offering the tom a blunt, "Hello."
Torchiclove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KatDoggs on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:28 pm

"Can we go?" Palmpaw asked. His voice was flat and held little to no emotion in it. That had been standing around for quite a while now and it bothered him. Meteorwisp would have had him practicing something instead of standing around. The beautiful shecat worked Palmpaw hard over the last two moons. It was no secret that Palmpaw had become an apprentice early due to the former Berryclan leader's sudden request for the Moon of the Mates. It was a last resort, but it had been predetermined that Palmpaw was to be her first apprentice. Seeing that she might be forced to leave her clan, she made him an apprentice. That way he was her first apprentice as a leader. Sometimes Palmpaw imagined himself being named Palmwisp or Palmmeteor after her.

After a few moment of fishing, Pantherleap finally was able to catch a fish. Unlike his mother, and he suspected Lightclaw, Pantherleap was a terrible fisher. He was actually not the best hunter either. What he lacked in those skills, he made up in his brains. The fish was of decent size and Pantherleap was sure his mother would be pleased. It had been a while since she had a fish. The creamy and black tom was honestly surprised he thought of the idea. Picking up the dead fish, the raced back to camp at record time. By the time he emerged through the den, his mother had been roused and she was laying in a spot in the sun. Her pelt had a slight shine to it, but not as much as before. Fish will make it better. Pantherleap decided mentally. The tom's massive black paws padded toward the golden spotted cat, though she seemed more red than golden. Gently he placed the fish before the cat and then nudged her with his nose.

"Wake up, it's past sun high. You haven't eaten all day so I brought you a present." Pantherleap's low and sweet tone ended up rousing the deputy.

"What nonsense are you spilling this time, Pantherleap. Honestly your just like your- is that a fish?" Leopardfury's voice started off agitated, due to lack of sleep. The tone did lighten when she saw the fish. Her golden eyes could see the young cat's grin and she shook her head. "Sometime's you're too smart for your own good. Get out of here and be productive. I want you on outlands tonight." She placed a black paw protectively over the fish, claiming it. "This is my fish." She said as she did so.

"I caught it just for you." The young tom mewed. "Shall I go alone around the Outlands?" Leopardfury just shrugged to him as her claws went to work ripping off the scaled of the fish. "I'll figure it out then." He replied . Leopardfury nodded, clearly too concerned for her fish.

((Heh, I brought back Leopardfury and her fish headcannon))
KatDoggs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thestral on Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:14 pm

Dimhaze, Sunspots, and Flamelight looked to Palmpaw as the young apprentice spoke. "Yes, we can head out now." Mewed Sunspots as he and his brothers started heading for the camp entrance. The brothers were worried about Leopardfury but wouldnt dare to say anything or do anything that would upset her because none of them wanted to ever feel her fury for any reason, so they just avoided doing anything to upset her.
Thestral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luuvpokemon4 on Thu Mar 20, 2014 6:36 pm

Minnowpaw bounced to her paws and trotted after the three brothers. Her blue eyes caught the prettily patterned pelt of her previous mentor. She was pleased to see her out in the sun - and eating! Maybe she was finally regaining her appetite. Although it was a fish - few Featherclan cats had a taste for fish, but Minnowpaw knew Leopardfury loved it. Somebody must have caught it for her. Perhaps she would eat more if her meal was fish. Minnowpaw made a quick mental note about it.

"Morning Leopardfury!" the gray tabby she-cat called out, pausing for a moment by the camp's entrance to greet the queen. As she turned to exit the camp after the rest of the group, her clumsiness kicked in. Minnowpaw nearly ran straight into the wall of camp, tail sticking straight up in alarm. She gave Leopardfury a sheepish, blue-eyed smile before dashing to catch up with everyone else.
luuvpokemon4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Thestral on Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:49 pm

"Alright, well go along the borders first so Emberpaw can get the idea of the other clan's scents and know where the borders are and after that then we can go do some hunting." Dimhaze mewed as he started heading towards their border with Emberclan, his brothers following close behind.
Thestral

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum