Featherclan of the Lush Weald

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Featherclan of the Lush Weald

Post by Mew-Chan on Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:51 pm

A moon has passed since the night which bore many tragedies showed its yellow, full face.
Tensions have greatly risen between Featherclan and Emberclan since the discovery of Glowpaw's body in Featherclan's territory, and thus it is believed that a cold war is fast approaching. Despite how Featherclan denied any knowledge on the reasons for the dead apprentice and even offered that Muddyleaf, who had been caught on Featherclan's territory as well, might have been the suspect, Emberclan remains sternly set on blaming those of the forest.

Not too long after the death of Glowpaw came Clashfang of Featherclan. Though no clear scents were upon his form, Featherclan greatly believed that it was an attempt of revenge from Emberclan, despite how the fiery clan denied even knowing about the warrior's death. Within the current time period, many skirmishes along borders have broken out and threats between rivaling clans further grow.

Yet, worst of them all has been Terraclan, the supposed main suspect of the mass killings prior as they had yet to lose a soul, has now been believed to be making a comeback. Due to the death of her younger brother, Flashstar has been quite grief-stricken and paranoid of all others around. Much to the point to where she believes that all the other clans are targeting the clan of the quarry. Because of the leader's extreme fear for her clanmates, none are allowed to leave the territory and all patrols have been limited to 5+ members per party. Along with this, the medicine cats have been restricted from going to the Moon Meadow for the typical sharing of tongues with Starclan. Most astonishing to the other four clans of Terraclan's sudden change in behavior was how they failed to attend the last Gathering, as they had become even more skittish and wary of the other four after the heated accusations towards the quarry clan during the Leaders' Meet; thus only four battles were fought during the Moon of the Mates and no new couples were made. Many are unsure whether Terraclan's latest actions are helping or hurting their cause.

However, all others aren't well either, as fear has stricken them hard. Only about half a moon ago, the body of Nightwing was found dead close to the back border of Berryclan's territory that reaches off to the farm. Although such allowed the thought that maybe the she-cat had wandered too close to a barn cat's territory to rise among the members, the idea that the murders from many moons past still weighs down heavily upon their thoughts. Without a leader to guide them, Berryclan has become quite melancholy- very similar to Shineclan- and many have believed Starclan has abandoned them for not naming a new leader, Yellowmoon being one of the strongest believers of such a theory.

Along with Berryclan, tragedy and fear have swept through the smallest clan as Shineclan has begun to suffer from an extreme food shortage as the cold seasons lurk closer. However, they are too fearful to seek assistance from their closest ally, Terraclan, to which all the clans have come to understand and respect why they are so timid- after all, they were the only clan to lose a leader during said former killings. And yet, rumors have begun to spread that they have turned to Berryclan, hoping to for an alliance with the larger clan so that they may support each other in the highly anticipated war rising. Another rumor, though much less mentioned and highly ludicrous, is the idea that they two may unite to create a super clan with the assistance the rogues who have been scented around the territories more often and supposedly have been thought to be in cahoots with the clan of flowers.

Even so, despite the pressures which all clans seem to be burdened with, nature has decided against easing up on the cats and resuming pushing full force upon them. Although it is only the middle of Leaffall, illness has already struck the clans strongly as Tinypelt, a new queen of Berryclan, was taken by the deadly Greencough and the rest of the clans are worried that such a sickness may soon spread...
Mew-Chan
Admin

View user profile http://fiveclans.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Featherclan of the Lush Weald

Post by Mew-Chan on Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:13 pm

The elegant form of the slender, white warrior slipped out of his den and bared his ivory fangs in a deep yawn. Blinking his crimson eyes, Cherrystar wriggled his tail to free it of any unwanted burdens of moss and feathers, and gazed warmly at his home in the late morning. The clearing in which he stood held the eager bodies whom had woken before him, walking across and resting against the colorful forest floor decorated with dried leaves in fiery shades of reds, golds, and browns. The snowy tom flicked an ear and padded towards the fresh kill pile, which looked rather well stocked despite how most of the rodents and birds had either burrowed or flew away to avoid the approaching cold. Plucking up a somewhat scrawny mouse, the leader carried it away to the base of a dry oak and settled down onto the crunching ground to eat. As he did such, he couldn't help but smile to himself as he drank in the sounds filling the air of the cool, late morning.

"You damn bastard!! I'll kill you if you pull that again!! Fox-dung!!" The sharp snap of Bloodblaze's raspy alto skittered and scraped across the chilly air as the red she-cat trotted into the camp through the bristled entrance which was now formed into a gorse tunnel and dressed with brambles, holly leaves, and a touch of thistle- the clans taken all precautions to protect the camp at this point. A few of the spiny leaves pulled away and clung to the scarlet warrior which she seemed to take no notice of as she verbally slashes at the ears of the tall black warrior walking a few paces behind her. Orange eyes ablaze, Bloodblaze spun around to face the tom who now stood taller than herself and glared him down as best as she could. "Why'd you have to go ahead and act like a yellow-belly?!"

Blackhill wanted to roll his eyes at the angry she-cat before him as he looked down at her through lids narrowed with unamusement. His grip of the couple of mice which he held clamped in his jaws kept him from responding and feeding Bloodblaze's fire of an argument. Rolling his sleek shoulders in a shrug, he turned away and dropped his catches at the pile before waving his tail and mewing loudly,"Well, I'll be at the Dirt Place if you want to continue your rant. Because, after all, that's where all that crap you're spouting belongs." With that, the young warrior trailed off and started for the back of camp, obviously keeping true to his word. As he did so, his emerald gaze caught a bit of Cherrystar's and he lightly waved his wispy black tail in greeting before ducking through another tight tunnel out.

Although he could see her still seething, the large form of Gleamingskull dropped his catch of a sparrow and shrew at the pile before meowing coolly,"But you do realize he made the right call, don't you?" A frosty brow rose as he watched the younger she-cat's head whip around to face him, and his cyan gaze challenged her orange glare. "Furthermore, you shouldn't have try to instigate a fight- we've already had too many of those over petty border markings. We don't need to be starting trouble with Emberclan over pre-"

"But that was OUR squirrel!! Like seriously, what squirrel would live in that rubble of a forest of theirs when they can live here?!"

Narrowing his eyes, the elder warrior sighed,"You realize you're getting worked up over a squirrel and its living arrangements...." The old tom's ears perked up as the soft voice of his sister peeped into the air.

"Gleamingskull? Has your hunting patrol returned successfully?" The pretty form of Hazelnut padded out into the camp clearing, her feathered fur flipping up messily as the frosty breeze pushed through her long pelt. The light tan color of her supple skin could be seen as the fur on her belly parted awkwardly from the bulging of her heavy, fat belly. Blinking her chestnut eyes, she waddled over to her brother and brushed past his body, touching her nose to his shoulder before looking up at him and Bloodblaze. However, her ears twitched as a familiar scent filled her nose and she smiled. Looking over her shoulder, she mused cheerily,"Come on Meteorwisp, there's fresh prey."

The pretty, marbled Bengal eagerly waddled out of the den and bored a bright expression. "Ooo great- I was getting hungry too!" Her belly was just as big as Hazelnut's, if not larger, and it was almost becoming a chore to even get up and move around. With a grin, the feather-furred queen trotted over to the pile and plucked up the sparrow and raised it to where her friend was standing beside her half brother. Through the wing she held on to, Meteorwisp mewed,"Here! We can eat this and use the feather for our nests!" After receiving a happy nod from Hazenut, she began to slowly make her way over to the other queen to join in the conversation in any way she could.

Despite only having been in Featherclan for about a moon and a half, Meteorwisp's time has not been bad in the slightest. A little while after arriving in the clan, she had entered her time of the Hot Pelt at around the same times as Leopardfury and Hazelnut, to which the three she-cats had grown to bond over- Meteorwisp and Leopardfury more closely as Hazelnut had Gleamingskull and Blackhill to be close with. However, as the three often shared the same den, they could be seen chatting, grooming, and eating together; which was a pleasant sight that all the cats seemed thankful to have. Such was close to the only peace that the clan had at this point in time.

~

Asppaw grumbled as her dual-colored eyes followed over her paws as they carried her towards the camp's entrance. One two, one two, one two, one two.... The repetitive motion would've otherwise put her to sleep if not for the stenchy, bile-filled clump of moss which floated too close to her nose for the spotted apprentice's comfort. As she reached the entrance, she slipped out with ease due to her short and sleek form, and dropped the mess outside in a pile of dead leaves. Spitting and gagging, she hissed with flattened ears,"Disgusting! Lemonmusk has two able-bodied apprentices to do this nasty work, so why is he making me clean out his rubbish?!" Too busy spluttering to herself and nose too filled with the scent of bile, Asppaw completely missed how Sorrelstone had followed her out and only realized the older she-cat's presence once the pale calico gave the apprentice a knock to the head.

"Mind keeping your comments to yourself about my mentor?" A pair of olive eyes flashed darkly as Sorrelstone dropped a large clump of messy, old bedding next to where Asppaw had deposited her own package. Raising a brow tauntingly, the medicine cat apprentice waved her tail to Asppaw as she turned to leave.

"Hey! If you were carrying out stuff too, then why couldn't you take out the bile and I the bedding?!"

Sorrelstone practically snickered aloud at the upset, shrill hiss of Asppaw. and added with a curt chuckle,"Why my dear Asppaw, I was only being courteous- I was worried that all that bedding would be too heavy for you, so I talked my mentor into getting letting you take the lighter load." With eyes closed and back to Asppaw, the she-cat easily dodged the ball of old moss which the younger cat hurled towards her. With a laugh and glance back at Asppaw, she mused loudly,"Hah! Somebody's gotta keep you on your toes now that Blackhill's too busy to-" Her glittering gaze of amusement dimmed and her smiled began to fade as she caught sight of Asppaw instantly deflate out of the corner of her eye. With a softer tone, she meowed,"Sorry there. Hey, let's go back to the den and get that scent out of your nose? I've got some honey and heather which should do the trick."

"Yeah," the apprentice mewed dully as she padded slowly after the white, silver, and crimson spotted form of Sorrelstone back into the camp and into the den where Lemonmusk and Teathorn were organizing their stock diligently.

You can post.....

....NOW!!!
Mew-Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:54 pm

"Can't you just go ask Minnowpaw or Asppaw or Smokeypaw or any other apprentice?" Laying flat on her stomach, Fallowpaw pulled her forepaws under her chin and brought her gaze up to her darker furred sister to catch her reply. The two were having a discussion just outside the apprentice den, the light gray tabby sprawled across the grassy floor and Runningpaw sitting with her tail twitching irritably.

"Asppaw is out cleaning bedding and I don't know where Smokeypaw and Minnowpaw are!" her littermate replied, her yellow gaze leaping to the patrol cats as they returned from hunting.

"Can't you just go ask Cherrystar to assign you another mentor? I'm sure Hazelnut wouldn't be mad at you, besides, she's having kits so she can't train you anyway," Fallowpaw said, releasing a sigh. She was resting from the previous day's training and hoping to regain her energy before Cherrystar decided to drag her out again.

"You are so lazy, I hope you know that! You won't even help your sister train!" Runningpaw hissed, her eyes burning as she glare at Fallowpaw, whose mouth was agape with shock. She stomped off into the apprentice den, disappearing into the shaded canopy.

"What crawled into her nest?" Fallowpaw wondered aloud, turning back to watch the cats in the clearing.

Biscotti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LuxrayGirl on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:05 pm

Lilacpoint sat in a patch of sun, grooming her fur. She thought she should get a move on soon, the morning was getting late and she had an apprentice to train, but she wanted to enjoy the rare leaf-fall sun a little longer. Besides, she didn't think Coyotepaw was awake yet, it wouldn't hurt if he had a bit of a lie in today. The siamese felt a glow of pride at the thought of having her own apprentice. It wasn't surprising she'd been chosen as a mentor, there were a huge amount of young cats in Featherclan at the moment and almost every warrior had taken on an apprentice of their own, but she had still felt proud when she was chosen to mentor Coyotepaw a moon ago. It was her first time training having the responsibility and she was determined to do her best.
LuxrayGirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mew-Chan on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:10 pm

Cherrystar's ears perked as he took a final bite of his small breakfast, his head swiveling and crimson eyes resting on his apprentice and her sister. A sudden spark jolted inside his head and he quickly turned to look at the trio chatting in the clear, his gaze scanning the forms of the she-cats standing with Gleamingskull and his brow furrowed at the sheer weight that hung between all four of their legs, their bellies close to the ground. His gaze then traveled to his den, where he was sure Leopardfury was sleeping. Under his breath, her quizzed himself,"Is she as big as them too? I really haven't been paying attention..." Craning his neck backwards, he attempted to peer into the dark den to see her form, but couldn't take the strain and fell onto his back with a dull thud. "Oof!!" Even so, she won't be happy about losing her apprentice. Rolling over with a chuckle as he thought about his mate's retorts and complaining, the leader stood up, shook off, and trotted towards the large oak along the camp's outline and clambered up its side to the lowest, thickest branch of the tree. Straightening up, he yowled aloud,"All cats old enough to catch their own prey, please gather beneath the High Branch for a clan meeting!!" His long tail swayed beneath the branch as his rump hung off past the branch as he perched himself.

Bloodblaze poked her head out of the Warriors' den where she had stalked in anger into, only to just come back out to join the gathering of her clanmates beneath her father's place in the camp. Padding over, she took a place by Meteorwisp's laying form while Blackhill stationed himself by Hazelnut's form. She noticed her only gave the fat she-cat a small lick on her nose before completely ignoring the queen to watch the leader. The scarlet she-cat watched then as Gleamingskull and Teathorn padded over to sit behind her while Asppaw remained close to Lemonmusk and Sorrelstone at Lemonmusk's den's entrance.

(Nyaa!!!~ Featherclan doesn't have enough warriors to teach all the apprentices XD NUUUU!!! Mew'll have to figure something out Razz)
Mew-Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luuvpokemon4 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:25 pm

Smokeypaw nearly ran into the brindled she-cat as he was exiting the Apprentices' Den. "Oh, hello," he said, dark blue eyes widening in surprise. The nearly black ash-colored tom twisted an ear at Runningpaw's fuming expression. "You okay, Runningpaw?" He cocked his head to the side just a little in question. As Cherrystar called for the cats to gather, Smokeypaw's ears pricked, but he stayed where he was, awaiting his fellow denmate's answer.

Minnowpaw finished grooming her feathery soft gray pelt and got to her paws, brushing past her brother. She raised an 'eyebrow', but simply murmured, "I'll meet you outside." The she-cat slipped outside as cats gathered, taking a seat close to the wall of camp, just a few tail-lengths from the Apprentices' Den. She wondered what it could be about. It would be a little early for a warrior ceremony, although she and her brother were 11 moons and nearly ready to be named warriors. And if she remembered correctly, Fallowpaw and Runningpaw was about their age.
luuvpokemon4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torchiclove on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:27 pm

Featherpaw yawned loudly, her pink tongue curling between her fangs as she blinked away sleep. She padded forward on clumsy paws, swaying slightly as she walked. Her tail, swishing back and forth, brushed again a creamy pelt.

"Wake up the whole forest, why don't you?" Sparrowpaw grumbled, a grin lighting up on his face. He tried to sound disgruntled, but he barely managed. His confident air definitely didn't try to hide the fact that he was taking advantage of Featherpaw's grumpy morning attitude.

"Oh, shut it," Featherpaw murmured, making a pathetic swipe towards him. It was meant to miss, of course, but she was surprised to find herself stumbling forward as a result of just how much she'd been off. Her icy blue eyes snapped open as she tried to regain her balance.

"Don't even try!" Sparrowpaw laughed, strutting forward on lanky legs, smirk never faltering.  "What happened to that unending grace you were telling me about yesterday?" He accentuated every syllable.

"I thought I told you to shut it," Featherpaw grumbled, stifling another yawn as she tried to regain her dignity. "Once I'm awake I'll smite your ass." She tolled her eyes, wondering how any could be so cheery this early. She couldn't remember a morning that she didn't have to deal with this.

"Smite my ass? That's new!" Sparrowpaw chuckled as he trotted forward to avoid his friend's angry claws. His ears perked up as he heard the booming voice of  Cherrystar. "Wake up, already! You'll want to hear what he's got to say!"

They continued to bicker as Featherpaw stumbled and Sparrowpaw strutted through camp, finally giving it a rest as they came to sit within earshot of the leader.
Torchiclove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Sat Mar 15, 2014 6:43 pm

Runningpaw's eyes widened in shock as she came to an abrupt halt before Smokeypaw, her cheeks flushing as she blinked up to meet his gaze. "Oh, um..." the she-cat murmured, conjuring up her response before she opened her mouth again, "Fallowpaw and I were... uh... having a discussion about Hazelnut and how I need a mentor. I'm fine! I was just looking for someone to train with and she wouldn't train with me. We should probably go to the meeting."

Eeep! He probably thinks I'm an idiot! Runningpaw thought, mentally wincing as she quickly backed out of the den. She wove her way around Fallowpaw still laying near the den's mouth and trotted over to Minnowpaw, sitting beside her denmate and tucking her tail tightly around herself.

Fallowpaw remained in her spot, though she sat up as Runningpaw briskly exited the den. The tabby tipped her head curiously, then decide to sit with Asppaw and Lemonmusk and Sorrelstone across the clearing. She pricked her ears to listen to what her mentor had to say.

Biscotti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luuvpokemon4 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:03 pm

Minnowpaw dipped her striped head in greeting to Runningpaw. "Good morning," she meowed politely as the apprentice sat down next to her.

Smokeypaw blinked, slightly confused at Runningpaw's flustered response. He padded after her, his tail tip brushing against the ground as he walked with an easy gait, his dark cobalt eyes gazing up at Cherrystar with a mildly interested look. The tall tom seated himself next to Runningpaw, his mind musing on her sentences. After a moment, he opened his mouth to speak. "You can train with me after this, if you want," he offered, a hint of a smile showing. "I'm sure Gleamingskull wouldn't mind."

Minnowpaw couldn't help but grin, turning her head from Smokeypaw and Runningpaw at an angle that they couldn't see her face. She composed herself before turning her head back, focusing on the crowd around her. Even when they were young, Smokeypaw was a serious, level-headed kit of few words. Runningpaw's crush on her brother hadn't been too hard to figure out, but who'd guess he might like her back! Of course, he could always be acting gentlemanly. We'll have to see . . .
luuvpokemon4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LuxrayGirl on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:05 pm

Hearing the leader's call, Lilacpoint padded over towards the other cats that had gathered by the High Branch and wondered what Cherrystar could have to announce. Were any apprentices ready to finish training yet? Perhaps he'll name some warriors a bit early, we could do with some more and the apprentice den must be getting a little cramped! Featherclan had been quite prosperous lately and she was glad the clan was growing but there were a lot of young cats right now, as well as three litters of kits on the way!
LuxrayGirl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Yonk on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:26 pm

Lightclaw had been sitting, gently grooming his fur in the morning light,at the edge of the clearing. He barely glanced up at Cherrystar's call, but pricked his ears to listen to the pale leader's words, though he couldn't really say he felt excited. He Shifted slightly in his spot to reach his chest fur, giving it a few more licks before finally looking up without interest. the tip of his tail twitched and his whiskers twitched, watching another of the gentle orange leaves flutter softly to the ground.
Yonk

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Sat Mar 15, 2014 7:52 pm

"Really? Thank you, Smokeypaw," Runningpaw replied graciously, her eyes glowing happily. She cast a sideways glance towards Minnowpaw, her black nose twitching as she pondered aloud, "I wonder why Cherrystar called this meeting?" The meeting was quite random, no cat seemed to know what its purpose was yet.

Biscotti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by luuvpokemon4 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:10 pm

"No need to thank me," Smokeypaw replied, sweeping his thick, dark gray tail around his paws. He was glad to have made her happy, considering how upset she looked earlier, prior to his offer.

"I was thinking the same thing," Minnowpaw said, nodding her head in agreement to Runningpaw's question. "I don't think any cat knows yet, except for Cherrystar, of course. But it is a little out of the blue; I can't possibly think of something that needs a ceremony." She frowned a little in thought, narrowing her pale blue eyes. "We'll have to see."
luuvpokemon4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mew-Chan on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:15 pm

Cherrystar smiled as a sizable cluster of his clanmates had crowded the ground beneath him. His gaze darted to his den, and even though he was incapable of seeing inside, he figured his mate was surely still inside as she wasn't below with the rest of the clan. Clearing his throat, he looked back down at the cats before him and belted out,"As you know, three of our queens have become quite...plump..." He was very careful with his words at this point for the fear of his precious ears' sake. "Thus, the apprentices of Hazelnut, Meteorwisp, and Leopardfury will need to be named new mentors until they are capable of taking back their positions. Palmpaw, Runningpaw, and Minnowpaw- please step up, will you?"
Mew-Chan
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by luuvpokemon4 on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:28 pm

Minnowpaw got to her paws, although she hesitated for a moment to wait for Runningpaw. She hoped she'd get a good replacement mentor - of course, no one could be as good as Leopardfury. While she could be a little frightening at times, Minnowpaw couldn't deny she'd improved under the ferocious she-cat's training. At the mention of Leopardfury, her mind trailed to her soon-to-come kits; she always wondered if her kits would be as fierce as her.
luuvpokemon4

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Biscotti on Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:32 pm

"Oh." Runningpaw got to her soot-colored paws at Cherrystar's command, then stepped up alongside Minnowpaw. She turned her muzzle to look for the other apprentice named, Palmpaw. He was formerly Berryclan, Featherclan had gained him as Meteorstar had been won.

She turned her attention back to Cherrystar up on the clan's meeting rock, her mind drifting to the warriors around her. Who would be her new mentor?

Biscotti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by KatDoggs on Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:01 pm

Pantherleap had been gone for most of the day. He had given young Summerpaw the day off for working hard. The young warrior had hunted and gone on an inpromptu border patrol out along the outlands. While most of Featherclan was focused on the ongoing hostilities with Emberclan, Pantherleap had not forgotten about the outsider cats who had killed his only brother. Now the mostly tan tom cat was carrying back a scrawny rabbit and an equally scrawny mouse. Soon Leafbare would be upon them and prey would be scarce. With three queens in camp, including his mother, the warriors really had to provide. Thankfully Leopardfury was the most recent queen. Or the most recently known. The older she cat was not as large as the other two queens. The massive tom cat had padded through the tunnel that separated the territory from camp, just as his father, Cherrystar had called a clan meeting. Not waisting any time, the tom placed his two kills in the pile of freshkill and reported dutifully for his meeting.

Palmpaw had been happily doting on Meteorwisp all morning. Well, more of playing around with her. Instead of sleeping in the apprentices den with the others, he often was with his mentor. When anyone asked, he simply claimed that he was protecting all the queens in there. In all reality, he was protecting Meteorwisp from Shiningheart. Palmpaw did not like the tom who stole away his leader. He did not like him one little bit. So normally if Palmpaw got to the nursery first, there was no room for Shiningheart and he had to leave. Upon first arriving to Featherclan, Palmpaw, Meteorwisp and Leopardfury had become fast friends. Leopardfury had shown them all around the territory and they trained together. Most of the times, Leopardfury would bring her apprentice, Minnowpaw, out with them. When it was just him and Meteorwisp, she taught him Berryclan specific moves. It was nice. So not only was the little tom cat learning Berryclan specific moves but also Featherclan moves.

Today was no different than any other day. Palmpaw was lounging around with Meteorwisp. He had been practicing different hunting techniques while his mentor was correcting his form. Since it was getting harder for her to leave camp, Palmpaw had no issues practicing where she could easily get to. Pantherleap had been taking the brown striped cat to practice out in the field. When the clan meeting had been called, Palmpaw padded over with her mentor and sat right next to her. He was not prepared to be changed over to a new mentor though. Had the tom been back in Berryclan, he would have protested angrily. After all, he could get away with anything in Berryclan. Unfortunately this was Featherclan and everything was different. Growling slightly, Palmpaw stalked forward and stood next to the other two apprentices.

I follow my mentor to a new clan with new rules and stupid new things only to get her taken away from me. Palmpaw spat out angrily in his head. I should just go back to Berryclan. He thought bitterly. Of course that was an incredibly stupid idea as Meteorwisp wasn't there so it was pointless. Still the brown tom cat could entertain the thought of returning home.

Meanwhile back in Cherrystar's den, Leopardfury was completely dead to the world. Instead of rising at dawn like she normally did, she had fallen asleep at dawn. Ever since the death of Cheetahswift, she had been having terrible night terrors. The beautiful bengal would wake up sweating profusely and terrified. Everytime it was the same dream of a group of massive cats, taking on her two sons. Everytime Cheetahswift would tell Pantherleap to run and save himself and she would see her son's throat ripped out just like Glowpaw's had been. The terrors had been doing a number on her body. While Leopardfury was expecting kits, she was not nearly as large as the other two queens. She was very small still.

The Deputy hardly ate anything and she could hardly keep anything down. The death of her son was taking a massive toll on her body mental state. Many times she found herself sleeping with Cherrystar. It helped, slightly. When she stayed in the nursery, she would wake up screaming for her lost kit. The whole scene was just agonizing. Lately Meteorwisp, Minnowpaw, Cherrystar, Pantherleap and even young Palmpaw would have to force her to eat, drink and sleep. Sometimes Minnowpaw would refuse to go and train because Leopardfury was just so thin and frail looking. That didn't last long because she was Leopardfury and she did what she wanted... Except when Cherrystar dragged her by her scruff back into his den. Then she didn't.

So now, the young deputy was sleeping a dreamless sleep... for now. With any luck, she wouldn't awake screaming until at least sun high. Then perhaps they could make her eat a little something.
KatDoggs

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doveflight on Sun Mar 16, 2014 8:00 am

((Correct me if I'm wrong, but Emberpaw was starting out as a kit right, one that was going to be apprenticed like any day now? I'll make sure this post could easily be changed from kit to apprentice if I need to. By the way, figured out that she'll probably like Coyotepaw ))

Emberkit's ears pricked, hearing all the commotion in the clearing. She slowly stood up and shook out the moss from her pelt. She leaned down to give her fur a few quick licks, not that it really needed it, being on the shorter side. Instead she poked her head out of the nursery to observe the clearing.

Doveflight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Code on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:35 am

Summerpaw had been padding towards the medicine den to talk with Teathorn, but he turned when the meeting was called.  Sighing, he sat near Palmpaw.  He felt more connected to the tom then other apprentices, as they had joined the clan at the same time.  Stupid meeting... I had been hoping to ask Teathorn to teach me some healing.  Well, I can do it afterwards anyway.

Shiningheart left the warriors den, eyes still showing signs of grief.  His only sister Krestalwing had been killed by a fox one moon ago.  However, he was still grieving her death.  Looking towards the nursery, he sighed.  At least there would be kits soon that could help him pass this tough time in his life.
Code

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Torchiclove on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:50 am

Featherpaw sighed, thoroughly disappointed. She had thought the meeting would at least be slightly exciting, but it was just the appointing of new mentors. She grumbled something about a waste of time under her breath, her stiff tail lashing back and forth with annoyance.

"Lighten up," Sparrowpaw chimed in a whispering voice, his smirk still present. When he wasn't taunting the snow-white she-cat his eyes were trained on Cherrystar, waiting for who would be announced as the apprentices' new mentors. He prided himself in knowing these things, and he couldn't find himself with inaccurate information.
Torchiclove

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doveflight on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:24 am

Emberkit perked up once she realized a meeting had just been called. She ran out into the clearing, eyes bright with excitement. Was this going to be her apprentice ceremony?

Doveflight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Code on Sun Mar 16, 2014 11:32 am

Shiningheart sighed and looked around. He was going totals Asppaw out to train after the meeting, so he wanted to locate her.

Summerpaw turned and looked at Emberkit. "Hello Emberkit. What's making you so excited? Wait, is it because this might be your ceremony? Who are you hoping to have as your mentor?" He asked.
Code

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doveflight on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:12 pm

Emberkit turned happily towards Summerpaw. "Yeah, I hope so!" She squeaked, mentally scolding herself. She's almost an apprentice, no time for squeaking. "I'm not really sure, Dim(light?) would be cool, though I don't really know much about him or the other warriors." Her tail, which had been waving a second ago, dropped. "Do you think the other apprentices will like me? I never really got to talk to anyone in the nursery."

Doveflight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Code on Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:25 pm

"Well, me neither. I came to this clan when I was six moons old. I didn't even get to be in the same clan as my sister. She was brought to Berryclan." Summerpaw said, sighing. He looked at the young cat with a smile. "But I like you, you are a good cat. You can make a fine warrior."
Code

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Doveflight on Sun Mar 16, 2014 1:16 pm

"Really?" Emberkit asked, eyes wide. She lowered her gaze for a moment before looking back up. "At least you have a sibling. And parents." (assuming Summerpaw does have parents)

Doveflight

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum